Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Pati's Day

St Patricks Day for me is quite a different day then it is for most! My father passed away 18 years ago on St Patricks day from a Brain tumor. I doesn't make the day depressing by any means, but it just makes it a little bit harder for me to feel like celebrating something! On Sunday my family all went up to his grave site in Bountiful and sang our usual 'Families Can be Together Forever.' We usually all stay and tell about our memories of him but it was so cold this year that we couldn't stay long enough to do that! It was still a wonderful thing to be all together and think of him for a brief moment!

6 comments:

Jamie Hadlow said...

That is such a neat tradition that you guys have kept going. I love "Families Can Be Together Forever."

Lindsay B. said...

Hello Miss Sarah!!!!!!! I found your blog through a comment you made on Lindsay Zizumbo/Wilson's blog. I love finding new blogs - so I hope you don't mind my checking in on yours :) It is so good to see you and my old pal Jaime are doing so well and have such a BEAUTIFUL family!

Okay, just wanted to say hi! Take care and hopefully we will run into you guys up in O-town one of these days :)

Love,

Lindsay (Hanson) Boerens

Nicole said...

I'm glad you were all able to go to your dad's grave site. I am sure your dad loves seeing his family all together singing such a special song.

Ashley ;o) said...

Hey girlie! It's me... Ashley! Remember me?!? ;o) But that is so awesome that your whole family goes to visit your dad's grave. Me and Nat need to start something like that... it's been awhile since I've been to my dad's grave. It's crazy when the anniversary comes around and you take some time out of your busy life and realize how much you miss him... ya know? I mean... I miss him every day... but it's not too often that I actually sit down and think about him being gone. Man... this is making me emotional. ;) But you are such a great friend Sarah and I miss you tons!!

Sharstin said...

That is a great tradition you have-I'm sure he is so proud of you and your little family!

Kara said...

That is so neat that you do that. You have an amazing family, especially your mom. She did an awesome job raising all of you!