Saturday, May 17, 2008

Indoor Soccer

So for those of you who know me pretty well, I consider myself somewhat of an athlete, except for when it comes to Golf and Soccer! I don't know what it is but, I just cant seem to feel confident when I play soccer! About 3.5 years ago I was playing co-ed Indoor Soccer and this guy knocked my good friend Ashley down and she landed on my knee just right! I tore my MCL so was out for a good 6 or 8 months. The next time I came back to play, it was my first game back and I rolled my ankle very hard and couldn't even walk on it for weeks! Needless to say I kind of quit for a long while!

I thought after having 2 kids I should be tougher right!! That's how it seems it should be!

Well, I got up the guts to play and started about 1 month ago with some friends from my ward (Erica and Brandon ;) on Saturdays and I have had a blast, but not so much luck. (Although Sarah C. you would be proud that I did score a goal a couple of weeks ago!!) Last week my stomach was hurting really bad at our 11:30 pm game so I played seriously like 10 minutes of the game. Today I came out with a pretty big bruise on my knee and a majorly sore nose from getting elbowed pretty dang hard by some dude! I guess just because you love something, doesn't mean that you will be good at it right! Maybe I should just stick to Volleyball! Or maybe try women's instead of co-ed! Who knows!

Thanks Erica, this might have sounded like I don't like it, but that is not the case! I love it, I just feel very inadequate!

6 comments:

Brandon and Erica said...

Sarah! You are AWESOME! And, I feel bad that you got hurt today
:(, but you are one TOUGH CHICK! Just so everybody who is reading this knows, SArah is an AWESOME soccer player. Seriously. I am soooo glad you play with us...for many reasons, but mainly because I get to see you three times a week instead of two now :).
You rock!

Our family said...

Very proud of you Sarah on scoring. And I don't know what you are talking about you are good at soccer. Ever since I have known you, you have been good at anything you try.

Lindsey Rose said...

You are atrue athlete! Way to stick with it, you gotta love battle wounds! Good luck and don't get too hurt.

Kara said...

Ha ha yeah I know how you feel. It feels good to go out and play again though! I wish I could play with you:)

The Steel's said...

Wow, way to go! the last time I played indoor I got my finger smashed in between the bleachers. I thought I was going to die. I hope your next game goes by without major pain and injuries!

Ashley ;o) said...

Oh jeez... I still feel so bad about your knee!!! I totally forgot about that until you posted this. So I'm so sorry again! ;o)

But you are GREAT at soccer... what are you talking about?!?! I always loved playing with you! And you definitely are an athlete in every way. Those co-ed leagues just get pretty rough sometimes. I always get bruises and those turf burn things on my knees. You'd think I'd stop falling by now huh?! ;o)

So DON'T feel inadequate at all Sarah! I know that you're doing awesome... you're just too dang hard on yourself! ;o)