Friday, December 12, 2008

Holiday Post

This post will not include any pictures but I feel impressed to write! I have always absolutely loved the holiday season. Yes, as we all know, I love shopping! But even bigger than that is the feeling of this time of year. This year more than ever I have been able to reflect on the true meaning of these holidays (possibly because I cannot go shopping!) But I am thankful for it. I feel closer to my little family, and I feel a love from my savior more than every before. I feel a warmth in my heart that I have not allowed myself to feel for quite sometime.

I am not sure if any of you have felt this way before, but for probably the last six months I have felt a little bit shut down. Not that I haven't been happy, but I don't feel emotions that I am used to feeling. You know that I am quite an emotional gal, but that has been gone. I never thought that I would miss that feeling but I realized that I was blessed with that tenderness for a reason. I believe it is a blessing that allows me to truly care for others and there happiness. Just 1.5 weeks ago I was able to sing with Brittany at her Relief Society Christmas program and we watched a slide show called "Reflections of Jesus Christ." In that moment I was able to feel the spirit more strongly than I have felt for a long time, and since then I have been overwhelmed with emotion and I am glad to have it back.

I feel as though I can "feel" again! I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful holiday and that you are able to spend time reflecting on the true meaning.

Merry Christmas,

Sarah

6 comments:

Chandi said...

I know what you mean Sarah. I sometimes refer to it as Spirit withdrawals. I often tell John that I need a "fix". I am glad you have found it again. You do have a very sensitive, sweet spirit and we are blessed by it.

wispy willow said...

This was a beautiful post from a very sensitive and lovely young lady.

John has always been so proud of your sweetness and your ability to care so deeply about those around you. He's always told us what a spiritual rock you are. Chandi has often mentioned that you are most like the sister she's always wanted to have. I can see why when I read this.

You're right. This is a magical season full of miracles. The greatest is that we are so often drawn not only closer to the Savior... but to our very best selves. I find that during this time of year, I feel closer to being the woman I promised my Father in Heaven I would try and become when I left His side and slipped into mortality.

Hang on tight to the wonderful softness that is a unique part of who you are. It is a gift, and both a comfort and an inspiration to many.

Michelle and Caleb said...

I know excatly how you feel. I love you Sarah.

Sharstin said...

what a wonderful post sarah! we all need a reminder of the true meaning of christmas at times. I hope all is well--lets get together soon.

Jamie Hadlow said...

You are always such a compassionate person and someone I look up to for your feelings for others and how close you always seem to be to the spirit. I sometimes feel "shut down" emotionally, and those times are so hard. It's great to come out of them.

Critt & Britt said...

Sarah, might I just say that I love you girl!!! And you are right, your tenderness and genuin care for others is such a quality of yours. I am so happy your closer to Ogden again. It has been great seeing you and your Fam more and getting to sing with you again. I do love that!!!